Friday, May 28, 2010

Wax on, wax off


Fancy a turn on the vibrating belt machine anyone?

Last Monday (May 17), I finally found a gym! Stepping into the gym felt so surreal. It's equipped with some pretty high tech cardio machines and is set up like your average gym (just a bit smaller)... but then there are small rows of vibrating belt machines. For real. And they are used quite a bit. More often than not during the busy hours there is a wait to use these machines. I must have looked completely terrified my first time there because the owner (picture Arnold Schwarzenegger, except Korean) took me through and literally showed me how to properly do each piece of machinery. Including the vibrating belt... which was probably the finest "awkward turtle" moment I've ever experienced.

In other fitness related news, this past week I started Taekwon-do! I go with my friend Jeongseon, who is good friends with our Master, and my other friend Scott, who has been doing it for a few months now. The rest of the class consists of 10-12 year olds who already have their red belts (or are getting ready to test for their black belts) and can seriously kick my ass. But I really enjoy it so far! Today was technically my first full day and the lesson was pretty intense... meaning it forced me to use muscles I forgot existed and now I can't walk. But I'm excited to study and learn more and will hopefully be able to go 3-4 times a week once I get the basics down (plus it's a great way to learn more Hangul).


^^ me looking hilariously awkward in my new "dobok" with my white belt!

1 comment:

  1. I demand a pic of Korean Arnold Schwarzenegger. C'mon... you know he'll pose for one.

    ReplyDelete